Conner Smith won't face further action over fatal accident Conner Smith will not face charges is relation to a fatal car accident that killed 77-year-old Dorothy Dobbins last year after her family requested no further action be taken. 20 February 2026 Conner Smith will not face charges is relation to a fatal car accident. Conner Smith won't face any legal action The 25-year-old country singer's pickup truck struck 77-year-old Dorothy Dobbins as she walked on a marked crosswalk in Nashville on 8 June last year and she later died in hospital, but it has now been confirmed that no further legal action will be taken. Conner's lawyer, Worrick G. Robinson, told People magazine: "This devastating accident was a profound tragedy for the family of Dot Dobbins and the larger Germantown community. "Over the past several months, Conner has been grateful for the opportunity to get to know Dot's family personally and be able to voice his deep and sincere grief." The Davidson County District Attorney's Office told TMZ and WZTV that Conner's misdemeanor citation was withdrawn at the request of Dorothy's family. Following the tragedy, Conner declared his "heart [was] broken". He said in a statement shared to Instagram: "Four weeks ago, I was involved in a tragic vehicle accident that resulted in the loss of a life. Not a day has gone by that I haven't grieved, prayed, and mourned for Ms. Dobbins and her family. "My heart is broken in a way I've never experienced, and I still struggle to fully process the weight of it all. "I ask that you continue to lift the Dobbins family up in prayer by name, asking for God's peace to surround them each day." Conner noted it was important for him to show respect by stepping away from performing over the last few weeks. He wrote: "Out of respect for everyone involved and to give space for grieving, I made the decision to step away from shows these past few weeks. "I have always found that making music and playing shows is a place of healing for me - but for this moment, it was important for me to take time away." The Creek Will Rise singer ended his statement with a reference to Biblical scripture Psalm 91. He wrote: "I'm thankful to serve a God who is near to the brokenhearted, and I have leaned on Him every step of the way. Through tragedy, I have learned that God is more faithful than I could have ever known before." Following the accident, which happened on the last night of the four-day CMA Fest, police confirmed Conner showed "no signs of impairment" but the preliminary contributing factor to the tragedy was the I Hate Alabama singer's failure to give the pedestrian the right of way.
Female First
Critical Conner Smith won't face further action over fatal accident
February 20, 2026
just now
1 celebrity mentioned
Health Alert:
This article contains serious health-related information
(Severity: 10/10).
Original Source:
Read on Female First
Health Analysis Summary
Our AI analysis has identified this article as health-related content with a severity level of 10/10.
This analysis is based on keywords, context, and content patterns related to medical news, health updates, and wellness information.
Celebrities Mentioned
Share this article: