President Donald Trump is speaking out after Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Prince Andrew, was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office. "I think it's a shame. I think it's very sad," Trump, 79, told reporters on Air Force One on Thursday, February 19. "I think it's so bad for the royal family. It's very, very sad. To me, it's a very sad thing." The U.K.'s Thames Valley Police said in a statement on Thursday that it had "arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office." It added that searches are being carried out in Berkshire and Norfolk. While the police force stated that it would not be naming the man per national guidance, multiple media outlets identified the man arrested as Andrew. In addition, King Charles III released a statement about his brother's arrest. Why Was Prince Andrew Arrested? Charges Explained, Royal Family's Reaction "I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and cooperation," Charles, 77, said in a statement issued by Buckingham Palace. "Let me state clearly: The law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all." US President Donald Trump SAUL LOEB / AFP via Getty Images While speaking with reporters on Thursday, Trump said Charles is a "fantastic" person "who's obviously coming to our country very soon." According to reports, the royal family member is planning a visit to the United States in April as America commemorates its 250th anniversary of independence. Us Weekly has reached out to Andrew's lawyer and Buckingham Palace for comment. Earlier this month, the Thames Valley Police confirmed to the BBC that it was assessing allegations that Andrew shared confidential information with the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein while serving as a U.K. trade envoy. He held that role between 2001 and 2011. Prince Andrew JUSTIN TALLIS/AFP via Getty Images The police department also confirmed that it was assessing allegations that a woman was trafficked to the U.K. by Epstein for a sexual encounter with Andrew, following a BBC report. When asked about Andrew's arrest and a possible connection to Epstein, Trump told a reporter, "It's really interesting, because nobody used to speak about Epstein when he was alive but now they speak, but I'm the one that can talk about it because I've been totally exonerated. I did nothing. In fact the opposite. He was against me. He was fighting me in the election, which I just found out through the last 3 million pages." Prince Andrew's Arrest Is an 'Embarrassment' for the Royal Family In a letter sent to Congress over Valentine's Day weekend, Attorney General Pam Bondi claimed the Justice Department released all of the Epstein files required by law. According to The New York Times. Trump's name and related entities are mentioned over 38,000 times in the Epstein files. (The president has denied any wrongdoing.) Epstein died by suicide at age 66 in August 2019 after being arrested on federal sex trafficking charges. He previously pleaded guilty to procuring a child for prostitution and soliciting a minor in 2008 and served 13 months in prison.