King Charles III and Queen Camilla continued to perform their royal duties just hours after Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's arrest. Charles, 77, was photographed at St. James's Palace in London on Thursday, February 19, with the Ambassador from the Kingdom of Spain to the Court of St. James' Emma Aparici Vazquez de Parga, the Ambassador from the Republic of El Salvador to the Court of St. James' Francisco Lima Mena and the High Commissioner for the Republic of Kenya in London Maurice Makoloo. Camilla, 78, meanwhile, made a public appearance when she met musicians at a lunchtime concert at Sinfonia Smith Square Hall in London. Their individual outings took place shortly after Charles' brother - the former Prince Andrew - was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in a public office in connection to his friendship with late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. King Charles subsequently released a statement after news broke about Andrew's arrest. Prince Andrew's Ups and Downs Ahead of His Shocking Arrest "I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office," he stated. "What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation." Charles concluded: "Let me state clearly: the law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all." Photo by Yui Mok - WPA Pool/Getty Images Andrew, 66, previously made headlines in 2019 when Virginia Giuffre accused him of sexually assaulting her when she was trafficked by Epstein as a 17-year-old. Giuffre, who died by suicide in April 2025 at age 41, settled a lawsuit against Andrew three years after her allegations while Epstein died by suicide in August 2019 while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges. Amid ongoing speculation regarding Andrew's connection with Epstein, the member of the royal family stepped back from his duties. "In discussion with The King, and my immediate and wider family, we have concluded the continued accusations about me distract from the work of His Majesty and the Royal Family," Andrew said in an October 2025 statement. "I have decided, as I always have, to put my duty to my family and country first. I stand by my decision five years ago to stand back from public life." Biggest Royal Family Scandals Through the Years He continued: "With His Majesty's agreement, we feel I must now go a step further. I will therefore no longer use my title or the honors which have been conferred upon me. As I have said previously, I vigorously deny the accusations against me." Stefan Rousseau / POOL / AFP via Getty Images That same month, Buckingham Palace announced that Charles was stripping Andrew of his royal style, titles and honors. "Prince Andrew will now be known as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor. His lease on Royal Lodge has, to date, provided him with legal protection to continue in residence," the palace said in a statement at the time. "Formal notice has now been served to surrender the lease and he will move to alternative private accommodation. These censures are deemed necessary, notwithstanding the fact that he continues to deny the allegations against him." Officials later confirmed an investigation into whether Andrew shared confidential information with Epstein while serving as the U.K.'s trade envoy - a role he held between 2001 and 2011.