Shia LaBeouf headed straight to Bourbon Street after his release from jail - but it wasn't all fun and games, according to an eyewitness. "He seemed sad, lost and in a dark space," Adam Araiza, a Bay Area-based music artist who goes by Lil Unda, exclusively told Us Weekly about their interaction on Tuesday, February 17. "He seemed empty. Not agitated, but tired, like he had a long day." Araiza claimed LaBeouf, 39, was "stuck" by a Jesus Saves sign in the French Quarter and "observing" the crowd when he approached the actor, who did not appear to have any bodyguards or an entourage. "His responses were short," Araiza said, adding LaBeouf looked "very alone" and "in need of support or a good friend." Courtesy of @lil.unda/Instagram Us spoke to a second eyewitness, who confirmed LaBeouf was standing "all by himself" on a corner of Bourbon Street after he was released from police custody. The star was "friendly" and even joked "it wasn't him" when Colorado-based realtor Chad Nixon approached LaBeouf for photos with a group of friends around 5:30 p.m. Nixon said LaBeouf also shrugged off his concerns that the Hollywood actor was solo at Mardi Gras. When they asked him if he was worried without his bodyguards, LaBeouf reportedly responded, "No. All good." Nixon added that LaBeouf wasn't overly friendly or bubbly but "was respectful" and "taking selfies" with people who came up to him. Shia LaBeouf Returns to Mardi Gras Hours After Being Released From Jail "He was people-watching and trying to enjoy his day," the real estate agent told Us. "He looked like a normal put-together person." He also did not notice any physical injuries on LaBeouf despite the star being in a physical altercation that landed him in police custody earlier that day. As Us previously reported, LaBeouf was arrested after being involved in a fight during a Mardi Gras party in New Orleans in the early hours of Tuesday, February 17. The New Orleans Police Department confirmed that the actor was "reportedly causing a disturbance and becoming increasingly aggressive" at an establishment on Royal Street. After being removed from the business, LaBeouf reportedly "struck" someone, using "his closed fists" several times. He allegedly left the scene but returned "acting even more aggressive." Several bystanders "held down" the star until police arrived, per the report. Shia LaBeouf Breaks Silence After Arrest for Alleged Physical Altercation Before his arrest, LaBeouf was taken to a hospital for treatment. He was later charged with two counts of simple battery, a misdemeanor. His next court date is scheduled for March 19. On Wednesday, February 18, LaBeouf broke his silence about the incident. "Free me," he wrote via X. Following his latest legal issue, multiple outlets have reported that LaBeouf and actress Mia Goth called it quits last year. The pair welcomed their first child in 2022. Over the years, LaBeouf has spoken openly about his sobriety and the efforts he's taken to rebuild his life. Us has reached out to LaBeouf's rep for comment. If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available. Call or text 988 or chat at 988lifeline.org.