Hours after being arrested following an alleged Mardi Gras party fight, Shia LaBeouf returned to the New Orleans festivities. According to photos obtained by the Daily Mail on Tuesday, February 17, LaBeouf, 39, was spotted holding a plastic cup of what seemed to be beer as he stood watching the annual celebration alongside fellow party goers. The outlet stated that the images were taken earlier that day. (The actor was arrested just after midnight on Tuesday.) Other photos captured LeBeouf hugging a woman on the sidewalk, walking on his own throughout the festivities and checking his phone. He wore dark slacks, a white graphic T-shirt and sunglasses for the outing. The Transformers star's arrest followed an apparent physical altercation that saw paramedics called to the scene. Per court documents obtained by Us Weekly, LeBeouf is now facing two counts of simple battery. Shia LaBeouf's Dating History: Megan Fox, Mia Goth and More Us Weekly has reached out to police and LeBeouf's team for comment. Following his arrest, TMZ - which was first to report the news - released an 18-second video that was allegedly filmed at the scene. The footage showed LeBeouf without a shirt while speaking to somebody in the city's French Quarter, which serves as the center for Mardi Gras festivities. The video also showed LeBeouf sitting in the open trunk of a police vehicle as he spoke to paramedics and placed a white T-shirt atop his head. A separate set of photos showed the former Disney Channel star seated in the back of an ambulance. An eyewitness told the outlet that LaBeouf had been escorted out of a bar prior to the alleged altercation taking place. Celebrity Mugshots Through the Years: Timothy Busfield, Lindsay Lohan, More Additional reporting by The Hollywood Reporter on Tuesday claimed that LeBeouf "appeared for a virtual hearing before a judge at the Magistrate Division of Orleans Parish Criminal Court" before being released by Judge Simone Levine who "made a point that the actor recognize that he must attend future court dates." Us confirmed that a pre-trial hearing is scheduled for March 19. In the altercation's wake, Page Six reported that LeBeouf is now living in New Orleans following his breakup from Mia Goth, which occurred nearly one year ago, per multiple reports. According to the outlet, LeBeouf's move from Los Angeles, where Goth, 32, is raising the pair's daughter, Isabel, 3, allowed him to be closer to other New Orleans family members. It's unclear if Goth and LeBeouf have filed for divorce. Megan Fox's Dating History: Brian Austin Green, Machine Gun Kelly and More LeBeouf, who has experienced several alcohol-related public incidents in the past, discussed his sobriety during a May 2025 interview with THR where he attributed his health to fellow actors. "[Mel Gibson], Sean Penn, James Brolin - these guys got me to sobriety. They got around me and kept me alive," he told the outlet at the time. "Sean also showed up and motivated me to do this as a play. I was scared as f*** when this thing started. He was there week one. Sam Rockwell came. There was a bunch of guys that I looked up to that just started popping up. I had never, ever felt that kind of love - not like that." LeBeouf's ups and downs include being accused of alleged "relentless abuse" and sexual battery against ex-girlfriend FKA twigs in December 2020. LeBeouf denied the allegations at the time and Us reported in July 2025 that the singer, 38, had dropped her lawsuit against him.
Us Weekly
Mild Shia LaBeouf Returns to Mardi Gras Hours After Being Released From Jail
February 18, 2026
12 hours ago
10 celebrities mentioned
Original Source:
Read on Us Weekly
Health Analysis Summary
Our AI analysis has identified this article as health-related content with a severity level of 4/10.
This analysis is based on keywords, context, and content patterns related to medical news, health updates, and wellness information.
Celebrities Mentioned
Share this article: